04 July 2012

Exclusive 'Hobbit' Content at Comic-Con

Entertainment Weekly reported some of what can be seen at this year’s Comic-Con (12-15 July), for which some of The Hobbit cast will be in attendance: exclusive images, on-set scoops from the two movies, and an interview with Martin Freeman, Sir Ian McKellen, and Sir Peter Jackson.

Of the two-part adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s famous novel, director Jackson says, “In the movie we want these characters to have story lines and a little more substance than they do in the book.”

“Almost everything we’re doing is from Tolkien somewhere, whether it’s in the book or the subsequent development that wasn’t published in The Hobbit itself.”
McKellen added that, “A lot of people weren’t even born when we were filming Lord of the Rings and only know the movies from watching them on DVD…. They’ll see Middle-earth on the big screen in The Hobbit, and I guarantee there will be a lot of minds blown wide apart.”

4 comments:

  1. Hey Britta!
    Are you going for this? I wish I could! I'm sure it's expensive too. I was too lazy to sign in but I've been reading your posts. Just haven't commented in a while. Glad the followers have increased since I followed because this is the best LOTR blog! Maybe I'm baised :)Well ttyl!
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to hear from you, Sophie! And thank you for your kind words!

      Unfortunately, I will not be attending Comic Con this year, either. I think there's supposed to be one on the East Coast sometime next year, so I'm hoping I can swing that one, where it's much closer.

      Best,
      Britta

      Delete
  2. You're welcome :) I think I'll plan for the one next year! Let me know if you finally plan to go, as the date gets closer. We can probably meet :) Yay! OK have a great July 4!
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! That would be fun! I believe it's in April, but I'm not positive. Have a great 4th of July as well! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...