15 October 2012

Hugo Weaving on 'Hobbit' Trilogy

At a press conference for his newest release, Cloud Atlas, actor Hugo Weaving talked about reprising his role as Lord Elrond in Peter Jackson's upcoming Hobbit trilogy.

"I found out The Hobbit was going to be a trilogy quite recently, when everyone else found out about it. Originally, when I said goodbye to Pete [Jackson] in L.A., I said, “I’ll see you on The Hobbit,” and he said, “Well, I’m not doing The Hobbit.” And then, it was, “We are doing The Hobbit, but I’m not going to direct it.” And then, it was, “Well, I am directing it now.” And then, it was, “Actually, we’re doing The Hobbit in two films.” So, when I went to shoot it out there, there were two scripts and two films. Now, I’ve just found out [about the trilogy], not that long ago, when it was announced. He said, ‘Well, we’ve got all this fabulous material and these wonderful people.’"

He also disclosed information regarding the initial conclusion of the second Hobbit film, which included a "final battle sequence" (the Battle of Five Armies). Now that the Hobbit films have been extended into a Hobbit trilogy, speculation has it that the end of the second film, The Desolation of Smaug, will set up the battle sequence for the third film, There and Back Again. 

1 comment:

  1. Seems like Weaving's been giving a lot of interviews lately, and getting in little spats because of them too :p

    ReplyDelete