28 January 2015

2015 Cosplay Goals


It's been awhile since I've posted anything of real sustenance on this blog, and for that I apologise. As I've said, I hope to get back into serious Tolkien blogging this year. Additionally, I am hoping to dive more deeply into Tolkien cosplay, sso I thought I would talk a bit about that today.

For the longest time, my focus has primarily been on Arwen, as I find I identify with her character most (at least in terms of appearance; I don't know if I could pull of blond well enough to attempt Galadriel or Éowyn). But I've always been a huge fan of Rohan and its people, so I would love to have a go at being a shield-maiden. One of the dresses I've had my heart set on making is Éowyn's Green Dress:

Source: Pixgood
I'd also like to make another of Arwen's dresses from the films – either her Requiem Gown or Mourning Dress; but aside from these, I'd love to start working on my own interpretations of characters, such as Queen Berúthiel, Lúthien Tinúviel, or even something more generic, like a random Elf, Dwarf, Black Númenórean, or even Beorning (I think a Beorning costume would be so much fun to make).

And then I'd also like to try my hand at some LOTRO-inspired costumes, based either on my own characters or some NPCs in the game.

I'm going to start drawing up some designs and looking at fabrics/etc. so I can hopefully have one or two of these outfits done in time for this year's conventions. If you have any suggestions, tips, or any other kind of feedback, please don't hesitate to let me know! I always appreciate input from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment