17 August 2015

Tolkien Haul - August 15 and 16

I spent this past weekend travelling around my state, and I stumbled upon two treasure-troves of Tolkien books!

The first bookstore, The Local BOOKie in Conway, New Hampshire, had a huge Tolkien selection. Unfortunately, I already had most of the vintage books available, and at the time I couldn't remember which movie covers I needed; but I ended up with a ton of great new books! The owner, Karen, couldn't have been more friendly and helpful; you can bet I'll be a frequent customer here!


The second bookstore, Sheafe Street Books in downtown Portsmouth, is a go-to spot for the more experienced collector. The owner, Ken, has many unique and even signed copies of popular books. I could have spent the entire day there. Again, most of what he had (that I could afford, mind you!) I already owned, but I found a few books I needed to complete some sets, and I had a lovely conversation in the process. He's got a copy of The Hobbit that I really want, so I'll be visiting Sheafe Street Books again real soon!


All in all, I'd say it was a very successful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...