02 December 2015

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Initial Impressions

I'm ashamed to say it's taken me so long to try out Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor; but such is life sometimes. I purchased the PC version through Steam last year after receiving a gift card for Christmas, but my laptop has neither the space nor the capability of handling newer games like that. (I'm still surprised it can even handle LOTRO, at this point.)

Thankfully, my boyfriend purchased a PlayStation 4 about a week or so ago, followed by a massive ultra-HD TV. Needless to say, I immediately purchased the Game of the Year edition. Below is a quick test video of me learning the controls. I never played the Assassin's Creed games, and it's been years since I played on a console (I'm more of a PC person), so pardon any goofs!


While I do plan on writing a more in-depth blog post concerning my initial reaction to the game, I wanted to share my impression so far. I've only had about twenty minutes of gameplay, but I think that was all I needed to come to a conclusion about this game.

Obviously, canon is going to be somewhat of an issue here; but the initial story has been so compelling that I am very willing to overlook whatever deviations may arise. I already knew the premise of the game, but watching it play out in front of me was a surprisingly emotional experience. I was immediately hooked.

The gameplay is phenomenal, and not too difficult. As you can see in the video above, I'm still learning some of the controls and combos. My favourite part so far has been sneaking up behind enemies and taking them out when they least expect it.

I'm hoping to post more gameplay videos once I get more comfortable (and better!) at the game; follow my YouTube to keep up with my latest updates!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this game and I took some time to try it but wasn't disappointed :D

    ReplyDelete