23 January 2016

My Tolkien Collection: A Favourite Collecting Memory

My dad is an avid supporter of my collecting habits. Often, he accompanies me on my adventures to find new and interesting items. One of my favourite memories with him is when we went up to northern Maine for the day and stumbled upon a used bookstore. We spent a great amount of time in there, both looking for our own respective interests (he's a huge science fiction buff) and chatting with the owner. Every so often, my dad would try to get my attention and show me books I had somehow missed; when all was said and done, I had spent nearly $100 on a stack of books. Just as we were checking out, the owner mentioned he had a copy of the vinyl soundtrack to the 1977 Hobbit film. Of course I had to have that!


Follow me on Instagram for more pictures of my #TolkienCollection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...