12 January 2016

My Tolkien Collection: My Tolkien Wishlist

My Tolkien wishlist is endless! There is such an abundance of official and inspired merchandise that it seems nearly impossible to own everything – which, of course, is part of the fun of collecting.

While I would love a first edition or a signed copy of any of Tolkien's works, for this blog post I'm going to be a bit more realistic and include items which are more in my price range; this is less of a "wish" list and more of a "things I will eventually buy for myself" list.


More items from Badali Jewelry

The Elfstone pendant – this item in particular immediately struck a chord with me, as it ties into the title of my blog (Use Well the Days) and the quote behind it: Then Aragorn took leave of Celeborn and Galadriel; and the Lady said to him: ‘Elfstone, through darkness you have come to your hope, and have now all your desire. Use well the days!’

The ring of Nenya – while I already have the officially licensed movie version, I fell in love with Badali's original design, inspired by the books. Unfortunately, it's a perfect promise/engagement/wedding ring, so I can't very well purchase it for myself; but I've certainly put the bug in Mr. Britta's ear once or twice!


Additionally, Badali Jewelry posted on their Instagram yesterday a sneak peak at what's to come in 2016, and it sounds like there are some new Hobbit/Lord of the Rings inspired items in the works! I don't even know what they are yet, but I do know I'm going to want them all!

Can you tell I am a huge fan of Badali? ;-)


Some other items I'd love to start collecting are statues and busts by Weta Workshop/Sideshow Collectibles, replica weapons (especially Glamdring, Hadhafang, and Herugrim), Tolkien-inspired artwork (by some of my favourite artists, such as the Brothers Hildebrandt, Donato Giancola, and Cor Blok), and more Tolkien tattoos – as soon as I can figure out what to get!

Follow me on Instagram for more pictures of my #TolkienCollection!

No comments:

Post a Comment